TUCSON, Ariz. – On Thursday evening, the storied Arizona Wildcats males’s basketball staff made historical past by having three gamers chosen within the first 33 total picks of the NBA Draft for the primary time in program historical past.
The Indiana Pacers chosen Bennedict Mathurin with the sixth total decide whereas the Chicago Bulls picked Dalen Terry with the 18th total decide and the Toronto Raptors took Christian Koloko with the third decide of the second spherical (33rd total).
See under for extra notes on every decide in addition to normal notes on the draft:
Bennedict Mathurin – 6th total (Indiana Pacers)
- Highest Arizona choice within the draft since Deandre Ayton went first total in 2018
- 76th total NBA Draft Decide from College of Arizona
- 26th First Spherical choice in Arizona historical past
- Sixth Arizona participant to be chosen within the high six of the NBA Draft
- Ayton – No. 1 in 2018
- Aaron Gordon – No. 4 in 2014
- Derrick Williams – No. 2 in 2011
- Mike Bibby – No. 2 in 1998
- Sean Elliott – No. 3 in 1989
- Highest-ever NBA Draft decide from Montreal, surpassing the earlier better of 16th total by Invoice Wennington in 1985.
- Mathurin and is the fourth Arizona participant to be drafted by the Indiana Pacers, becoming a member of Solomon Hill in 2013, Jerryd Bayless in 2011 and Michael Foster in 1970.
- Mathurin turns into the fifth Canadian to be chosen within the top-6 of an NBA Draft, becoming a member of 1st Anthony Bennett (first, 2013), Andrew Wiggins (first, 2014), RJ Barrett (third, 2019) and Tristan Thompson (fourth, 2011) ).
Dalen Terry – 18th total (Chicago Bulls)
- First participant in Arizona historical past to be drafted by the Chicago Bulls
- 77th total NBA Draft Decide from the College of Arizona
- 27th First spherical choice in NBA historical past
- 22nd Arizona participant to be taken within the high 18 of the draft
Christian Koloko – 33rd General (Toronto Raptors)
- 78th total NBA Draft Decide from the College of Arizona
- Joins Damon Stoudamire (1995) as the one Arizona gamers chosen by the Toronto Raptors
Normal Draft Notes
- Mathurin and Terry develop into the fifth set of teammates from Arizona to be chosen within the first spherical of the identical draft.
- Bennedict Mathurin & Dalen Terry in 2022
- Josh Inexperienced & Zeke Nnaji in 2020
- Stanley Johnson & Rondae Hollis-Jefferson in 2015
- Mike Bibby & Michael Dickerson in 1998
- Sean Elliott & Anthony Prepare dinner in 1989
- Mathurin (6th) and Terry (18 .)th) give Arizona two of the highest 18 draft picks in the identical draft for the primary time since 1998 (Bibby – 2ndDickerson – 14th)
- For the primary time in program historical past, the Wildcats had three of the primary 33 picks within the NBA Draft
- Tonight marks the seventh time that Arizona has had not less than three gamers taken within the NBA Draft, and the second time within the final three years (1971, 1977, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2020, 2022)
- The final time a first-time head coach had three gamers chosen within the NBA Draft following his first season as coach was Invoice Guthridge at North Carolina in 1998.
- Three gamers from the Pac-12 have been chosen within the first spherical and Arizona had two of them.